What Does a Wood Roach Look Like?
There are several types of roaches and among those Pennsylvania wood roach is an outdoor dwelling insect native to North America and found in wooded areas and in stacks of firewood but sometimes find their way into your home.
wood roach identification:
Wood cockroaches are small, only about one to one and a half inch. tree roaches are very similar in appearance to the American cockroach. They’re a dark chocolate brown color with a tan stripe around the edge of the wings and they have a flat, oval-shaped body, long antennae, and spiny legs. Males can fly long distance because they have well-developed wings but female have small, non-functioning wings.
The habitat of wood cockroaches:
They are called accidental invader of the house as they are generally found under bark in woodpiles, hollowed out trees, and stumps. Male roach is attracted to lights and comes into the house and both male and female may also come by firewood bring from outside to inside. They do not reproduce in the house as they required moist condition and they do not harm the house structure, furnishings or occupants. Their presence is only a temporary annoyance.
How To Get Rid Of Wood Cockroaches
- Sprays and dust do not have a great success against wood cockroach and as they are temporary annoyance it may not need. Exclusion techniques that prevent wood roach entry should be considered.
- Outdoor insecticide barrier treatments around windows and doors and along the foundation or firewood pile.
- Don’t bring firewood inside until you’re ready to burn it.
- Avoid the use of unnecessary lights as they can attract male wood cockroach
- Seal cracks and small openings so they can’t slip inside.
- Remove rotting leaves from window wells.
- If it gets into the house to get rid of wood roaches that have wandered into your home, pick them up with a vacuum cleaner or something else and dustpan and discard them.
Wood Cockroach Nymphs
Last Updated on