Cypermethrin vs Permethrin insecticide
If you are looking for an effective way to get rid of insects, you may be wondering which is the better insecticide: Cypermethrin or Permethrin? Both Cypermethrin and Permethrin are used to kill a wide variety of insects, but they each have their unique benefits and drawbacks. Keep reading to learn more!
Permethrin vs Cypermethrin Table
Active ingredient Cypermethrin 40%
Active ingredient Permethrin 10.0%
Quick Knockdown Effect Due To Its Oil-based Composition, Providing Fast Pest Elimination
Offers Quick Knockdown And Long-lasting Residual Effects
Create insects barrier In thre treatment Area
It Also Acts As A Termiticide, Effective In Controlling Subterranean Termites.
Can be used both indoors and outdoors
Can be used both indoors and outdoors
It May Stain Old Paint Or Siding And Has An Odor.
You Can Use Permethrin On Your Dog Althought you need to follow product lebel.
Approximately 2 Hours After The Treated Area Has Dried.
Once dry, it can withstand rainfall. However, a rain-free period of 24 hours before and after application is crucial for effectiveness.
Cypermethrin generally lasts about 30 days outdoors e
Permethrin SFR lasts about 90 days indoors and 30 days outdoors
Mixing Ratio 0.5 To 5.1 Oz Per Gallon Of Water
1 Ounce To 3 Ounces Of Permethrin Per Gallon Of Water
Effective against pests like ants, aphids, Japanese beetles, bagworms, caterpillars, fleas, flies, mosquitoes (on livestock premises only), scorpions, wasps, ticks, ground beetles, termites, and sod webworms,
Cypermethrin controls over 30 types of insect pests including various species of ants, cockroaches, beetles, bees, crickets, fleas, mosquitoes, spiders, ticks, and termites.
- The active ingredient in Permethrin SFR is Permethrin (36.8%), while in Demon Max, it is Cypermethrin (25.3%).
- Permethrin SFR lasts about 90 days indoors and 30 days outdoors, while Cypermethrin generally lasts about 30 days outdoors.
- Due to their oil-based composition, both Permethrin SFR and Cypermethrin have a quick knockdown effect.
- Both products can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Permethrin SFR can yield 20-40 gallons of finished solution per quart, while the mixing ratios for Demon Max depend on the target pest and range from 0.5 to 5.1 oz per gallon of water.
- While Permethrin SFR is effective against pests like ants, aphids, Japanese beetles, bagworms, caterpillars, fleas, flies, mosquitoes (on livestock premises only), scorpions, wasps, ticks, ground beetles, termites, and sod webworms, Cypermethrin controls over 30 types of insect pests including various species of ants, cockroaches, beetles, bees, crickets, fleas, mosquitoes, spiders, ticks, and termites.
- Permethrin SFR can’t be used on home lawns for mosquito control, clothing, or humans, while no such restrictions are mentioned for Cypermethrin.
Short Review of Cypermethrin Insecticide
Demon Max, a product by Syngenta, is a powerful insecticide known for its potent active ingredient, Cypermethrin. This synthetic pyrethroid, resembling the naturally occurring substances found in chrysanthemums, has become a formidable force in the war against pests. Cypermethrin disrupts the function of the insect’s nervous system, leading to paralysis and, eventually, death. Here is some crucial point you can check
- Demon Max which contains Cypermethrin, controls over 30 types of insect pests, including various species of ants, cockroaches, beetles, bees, crickets, fleas, mosquitoes, spiders, ticks, and termites.
- After application, Cypermethrin controls pests for approximately 30 days outdoors.
- The product is used in, on, and around structures and buildings, as well as lawns, turf, vegetation, soil, and under-building foundations. It’s suitable for both commercial and residential indoor and outdoor use.
- When used as directed, it is safe for pets. Keeping pets and children out of the treated area is recommended until it completely dries.
- Cypermethrin has a quick knockdown effect due to its oil-based composition, providing fast pest elimination.
- Depending on the target pest, application rates range from 0.5 – 1 oz per gallon of water for general pest control to 1.3 – 5.1 oz per gallon for termite control. It needs to be reapplied monthly to maintain control.
- Being oil-based, it may stain old paint or siding and has an odor.
- The product becomes rainfast (resistant to rainfall) approximately 2 hours after the treated area has dried.
Short Review of Permethrin Insecticide
Permethrin is a synthetic chemical insecticide that belongs to the pyrethroid family. It is widely used to control a variety of insects, including mosquitoes, ticks, fleas, lice, and mites. Permethrin is used in various forms, including sprays, creams, lotions, and treated clothing.
- The active ingredient in this product is Permethrin, comprising 36.8% of the formula. This is a synthetic chemical widely used in insecticides.
- It’s a broad-spectrum insecticide that offers quick knockdown and long-lasting residual effects on a wide variety of pests.
- Permethrin SFR can be used indoors and outdoors for ornamentals grown in interiorscapes, perimeter insect control on lawns, ornamental trees and shrubs around various locations, and treatment of preconstruction lumber and logs. It’s also effective for Professional Pest Control Operators (PCOs) use on buildings and structures.
- It also acts as a termiticide, effective in controlling subterranean termites.
- Depending on the insect treatment, 1 QT can yield 20-40 gallons of finished solution. For lawn use, the mixing ratio is between 0.4 oz to 0.8 oz per 1000 square feet or per gallon of water.
- Some of the pests it’s effective against include ants, aphids, Japanese beetles, bagworms, caterpillars, fleas, flies, mosquitoes (on livestock premises only), scorpions, wasps, ticks, ground beetles, termites, and sod webworms. It’s also effective against spiders, including brown recluse and black widow spiders.
- It is safe around children and pets if they are kept out of the area during application and until the area is dry. Also you can use Permethrin SFR on your dog.
- It’s not labeled for use in home lawns for mosquito control, nor can it be used to treat clothing or on humans. It should not be used in an organic garden due to its synthetic nature and is not labeled for use on most edible plants.
- Once dry, it can withstand rainfall. However, a rain-free period of 24 hours before and after application is crucial for effectiveness.
- If stored properly, out of extreme temperatures and direct sunlight, Permethrin SFR 36.8% can last for about 3 years from purchase.
Both products have their strengths and weaknesses, and the choice between the two may depend on the specific needs and circumstances of the user. If you need to control a wide range of pests in various settings (including indoor and outdoor), and a quick knockdown effect is important, Demon Max, which contains Cypermethrin, might be a better choice.
However, Permethrin SFR might be more suitable if the product’s longevity is a priority and you need to control specific pests such as aphids and beetles. Always consider the specific pests you need to control, where to apply the insecticide, and safety precautions when choosing between these two products.