Hot Shot Fogger Instructions
Using a Hot Shot Fogger can be an effective way to treat large areas for pests. However, to ensure the safety of your home and loved ones, it’s crucial to use the product correctly.
This guide offers a step-by-step walkthrough of how to use the Hot Shot Fogger safely and effectively.
Understand the Limits
- Use only one fogger per room.
- Avoid use in small enclosed spaces such as closets, cabinets, or under counters.
- Never apply it in a way that might come in contact with any person or pet.
- Do not use in greenhouses where food is grown.
Before You Fog
- Prepare the Area: Open all cabinets, cupboards, drawers, closets, and doors in the areas you intend to treat.
- Protect Food and Utensils: Remove or cover all exposed food, dishes, utensils, and food-processing surfaces. They should be washed thoroughly if exposed during treatment.
- Protect Pets and Their Habitats: Remove pets and birds from the area. For fish aquariums, cover them and turn off their airflow systems. Also, cover children’s and pet toys.
- Seal the Area: Close all external doors and windows. Ensure fans and air conditioners are off, and disconnect smoke alarms temporarily.
Set Up for Fogging
- Position a stand (like a chair or table) in the center of the room to place the fogger. This should be covered with several layers of newspapers or paper towels to prevent any residue.
- Thoroughly shake the fogger before using it. When ready to release the fog, tilt the sprayer away from your face (it sprays upwards). Fully press the valve down until it locks in place. Make sure you don’t inhale any of the mist while doing this.
- Place the activated fogger on the newspaper-covered stand and immediately leave the room.
- Secure the room by closing the door and placing a “Fogger in Use” tag on the doorknob.
Duration of Treatment
- Once the fogger is activated, do not re-enter the treated area for at least two hours. For optimal performance, you can keep the area sealed even longer.
- After waiting for at least two hours, start the ventilation process. Open all doors and windows, turn on air conditioners and fans, and allow the treated area to air out for an additional two hours.
- Turn back on the smoke alarms and aquarium systems.
- Clean and treat pet sleeping areas if you’ve treated the area for fleas or ticks. Before letting them back in, treat your pets with a flea and tick control product.
Can I use Hot Shot Fogger anytime of day or night?
Yes, you can use the Hot Shot fogger at any time of the day or night. However, it is essential to follow the label instructions. After releasing the fogger, everyone, including pets, should leave the treated space and close the doors. It’s recommended to stay out of the treated area for the duration indicated on the label, which is usually two to four hours.
Does Hot Shot bed bug fogger work?
Yes, the Hot Shot Bed Bug & Flea Fogger is formulated to kill bed bugs, fleas, lice, ticks, and other specified insects. It contains Nylar insect growth regulator, which inhibits fleas from developing into biting adults and prevents flea reinfestation for up to 7 months.
Does Hot Shot fogger kill bed bugs?
Yes, the Hot Shot Bed Bug & Flea Fogger is designed to kill bed bugs, among other insects.
Does Hot Shot fogger kill fruit flies?
The information provided mentions that the Hot Shot Fogger6 With Odor Neutralizer kills flying and crawling insects on contact, but it does not specify fruit flies. For specific pests, it’s advisable to check the product label.
Does Hot Shot fogger kill fleas?
Yes, the Hot Shot Bed Bug & Flea Fogger is designed to kill fleas. Also, it prevents flea reinfestation for up to 7 months due to its Nylar insect growth regulator content.
How long does Hot Shot fogger spray?
The Hot Shot Fogger6 With Odor Neutralizer can treat up to 2,000 cubic feet of unobstructed space and kills insects for up to 2 months without leaving a wet residue.
Hot Shot Foggers can be potent against many pests, but safety and precision are paramount. Following the instructions, you can ensure a pest-free environment while keeping everyone safe. Always remember to read the product label and keep it away from children.